Thursday, August 13, 2009

"And all these things shall give thee experience".....

Be of Good Cheer “None of us makes it through this life without problems and challenges—and sometimes tragedies and misfortunes. After all, in large part we are here to learn and grow from such events in our lives. We know that there are times when we will suffer, when we will grieve, and when we will be saddened. However, we are told, ‘Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.’ How might we have joy in our lives, despite all that we may face? Again from the scriptures: ‘Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you”. Thomas S. Monson, “Be of Good Cheer,” Ensign, May 2009
So, this is where I have been....trying to be of good cheer and remembering why I am here and each day realizing the Lord is with me and is mindful of what my sweet husband and I are going through. I have been a little depressed, but each day I feel strength from reading my scriptures, praying and just having the temple and wonderful family members to go to. I have "kind of" been absent from my "normal life".... trying to regroup, and dealing with some very sad, hard trials. But, you know I have found out that, "things are just things" and we really can't take any of these "things" with us...I know we all have said that and I use to "say" that, too...but now I can "say it, with experience". It is okay to miss those "things", and then let go of them. I have realized that putting my faith and trust in the Lord, knowing that he knows what is the best for me and my family and having the faith to go forward, blindly, is hard, but in the end it's the best thing I can do for me. Everything is going to be just fine as long as I do what I am suppose to do and live by the Spirit. I also know, that there is only so much I can do to help someone else that is going through difficult times, because they need to make their own path and find their own happiness. I can sincerely say, I am so grateful for my life and all my thousands of blessings! I don't have to let go of the things I truly love, they are mine forever....
My eternal blessings....

FAMILY









Relationships


The Temple



again Family

My Savior



My eternal Companion
I have a wonderful, blessed life!

11 comments:

  1. Donna you are such a shining beautiful example! I so happy you are in my life!!! Or that I'm blessed enought to be a small part of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I just love you! You are so wonderful, and I couldn't be happier to be in the 'relationships' picture with you and Nat, even if it's in the background! :-)

    We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful mom! You are moving forward with such strength in a dark moment of your life. The light at the end of the tunnel has already began to shine for you....you just don't know all the details. These days may seem long and full of unknowns, but not to Heavenly Father. He is creating this seemingly crazy mess just for you! He is carrying you through this to a very special place. I sometimes like to look on the bright side and think of this as one big surprise party! Where in the world will we all end up???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only what you just said....but you also bless all who you come in contact with. I love you so much Aunt Donna:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nonna- I love you I love your blog and I love this scripture " fear not, let your hearts be comforted... " and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good"
    D&C 98:1&3
    I especially love what is really important not only to you but to all of us- Our Savior, our families, the Temple and our Eternal companions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear sweet Bella Donna, I call to check on you and Ken and you are the one that lifts me, I love you and know that you are on the right path because it is the one that follows the Savior's. You have a wonderful testimony and inner strength and I know you both will be alright. Anytime you are ready to have some quiet time come up and we will go to the cabin. Thanks for being a great example to me. love you both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna and Ken, I love you guys like my own parents and respect you tremendously! I know you are going threw a hard time right now and I pray for you often. I myself was going threw a hard time lately. Not in the way you are but spiritually. In my job I see things I never thought possible. I am not talking about dead people, suicide, things of that nature. Yes they are bad but it doesn’t bother me. I am talking about members high up in the church and people in general. We really live in a BAD, WICKED world and it scares the crap out of me thinking of how much worse it will get. A lot of people don’t see how bad it actually is except for what they see on tv but I deal with the evils of the world every day. There are really evil, evil people out there! Through talking with my parents and Cort I came to realize EVERYONE has problems or trials, just in different ways. I was really bad and messed up for a while on what I had seen, I was very angry at everything. I finally had a good talk with my parents and with my wife who told me I had changed (not for the better) and was not the same person. I still believed in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost but was very confused. I am better now but, you know me, I will never be Peter Priesthood. I try my best and that is all I can do. You guys will pull through, you are great people and will not be forgotten. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I know, I spelled through "threw" twice. DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ben,
    Thanks for the kind message, that really means a lot to me! Thank you!
    I am so sorry you were going through a hard time. I do know what you are talking about(we saw a lot of that in the Marine Corps) People of all walks of life, even people that should know better make very bad choices. You just have to let it go and make sure you live your life honestly...it is hard, but that's what will keep you sane and happy in the long run.
    Love you guys...come by and visit.
    Love,
    Mom Schaub

    ReplyDelete
  10. Auntie Donna,
    I'm also so grateful for your example--what a positive attitude you have and an eternal perspective. You are in our prayers. Love you lots, Kiki

    ReplyDelete