Tuesday, December 1, 2009

OKAY, MOVING RIGHT ALONG......

"TIS THE SEASON"....Now that Thanksgiving is over (I love Thanksgiving!) and it is December 1st, I mean please, what is taking me so long to get my Fall/Thanksgiving decorations down and my Christmas decor up and ready ?? These stockings...have been keeping me busy and behind just a bit....The story behind these "fun, cute and the gift that keeps giving, stockings"
is.... I saw them years ago at my sister-in-law's home,(like 1988-ish) had to have the pattern. So, then everyone that saw them at my home wanted one. I decided to start making them as wedding gifts for close friends and family. I thought that would be the end of it, but no, all the newly married couples started having babies and of course they would need a "fun, cute and the gift that keeps on giving stocking" for all their babies...so the rest is history. Every year, the first week in November, my daughter, Natalie and I get all our orders in and make these, "fun, cute, and the gift that keeps on giving, stocking". We love it and have enjoyed our tradition making event...and that's my story. What do you think about that???

These are just a few I made this year...






















MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love this time of year! I love the stockings Donna! What a great idea and gift to make them for people! I loved the ones you made for Debbi and Glenn, you are so thoughtful and Debbi is very lucky to have you as a friend!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Donna!! Those are so cute!! I LOVE them! I know the boys will really enjoy them! You are so great for making those for them! Oh I just love you! Hope everything is going great! Love ya! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST FOR MAKING THEM FOR EVERYBODY!!! INCLUDING MY FIVE KIDS!! YOU ARE THE BEST AUNT IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!! I LOVE YOU TO DEATH. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU. HOLLY

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR NONNA- THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!!! WE LOVE THEM!! THEY ARE SUCH A PART OF OUR CHRISTMAS!! I LOVE HOW THEY ARE A RECURRENT THEME ON EVERYONE'S BLOG!!
    LOVE YOU- GAIL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the pattern. I would love to make them for our family...next year. Mine are hanging over our fire place right now. I love them. Jessie is right I am very lucky to have you as a friend..love you and THANKS! I love your background too.

    ReplyDelete