Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'VE BEEN TAGGED...I'VE NEVER REALLY BEEN GOOD AT THIS GAME...I WAS ALWAYS "IT"


Okay, now let me explain...if the questions are in blue I have done it. If they are in red, I haven't. All responses are in black...you follow? Gail, Elizabeth and Rhonda, you've been tagged..you're it! Have fun!

Started your own blog -Yes. What sold me on blogging was that I could have my pages bound at the end of each year...like a journal with pictures. I like that!
Slept under the stars - yes, when we used to camp as a family, I did that a couple of times.
Played in a band - no, never even played any kind of an instrument.
Visited Hawaii - Oh, yeah! I lived there, and I have been back many times....
I L-O-V-E, Hawaii!
Watched a meteor shower - no, but that would be so neat!
Given more than you can afford to charity - every month and I'll never stop!
Been to Disneyland - more than I can count....it's the Happiest Place on Earth, right?
Climbed a mountain - yes, as a teenager my friends and I hiked North Mountain and Squaw Peak Mountains ( in Phoenix, AZ) several times.
Held a praying mantis - no, but I have seen several in my life and they are so different.
Sang a solo - Does singing in the shower count?
Bungee jumped - no, and that is one item I will never put on my "bucket list"!
Visited Paris - yes, in 2005. We rode the Chunnel from England and spent the day in Paris...it was great!
Watched a lightning storm at sea - I'm not sure if it was a lightning storm, but it was a storm, we were rocking and rolling all night....2007 on a Cruise to the Southern Caribbean.
Taught yourself an art from scratch - I think so.... Sewing, Scrap booking, Blogging, making bread.
Adopted a child - yes, our oldest child, Michael is adopted and we are so thankful for him.
Had food poisoning - yes, in Hawaii. I ate at a friend's house and bite into an uncooked teriyaki steak..I was so sick.
Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - no, but I have seen it many, many times! It is one of a kind!
Grown your own vegetables - oh yes....and canned almost everything we grew. Fresh garden food, can't be beat!
Slept on an overnight train- no, I've been on several trains in Europe and back East, but never overnight. I would love to go on the Orient Express, someday...that is on my list!
Had a pillow fight - I have 8 siblings and I'm the youngest. We had pillow fights all the time, and I was the target.
Hitch hiked- absolutely not and I never will and if anyone of my grand kids do, they will hear from me!!!
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - yes, I must admit I have, and I have never felt good about it...oh, well!
Held a lamb- yes, and they are so sweet.
Gone skinny dipping - yes, when I was a teenager with my girlfriends at one of their houses (their parents were gone). We were too chicken to turn the pool lights on, and we wouldn't stay in long...crazy!
Run a Marathon - no, but I would like to say I have! What an accomplishment!
Seen a total eclipse - no, just a partial.
Watched a sunrise or sunset - oh yes, at least once a week! Arizona has some of the most beautiful sunsets the world has to offer, even better than Hawaii's!
Hit a home run - yes believe it or not...I played baseball in 8th grade and loved it and hit several home runs...wow, I had forgotten about that!
Been on a cruise - Yes, I love to Cruise, it's a complete vacation for me..no cooking, cleaning, running errands, etc. Ensenada, Mexico, Western Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, Greek Islands, Venice, Rome....it was fabulous!
Seen Niagara Falls in person- yes, I think 3 different times. It should be on every one's "list". It is amazing to see!
Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - yes, England and Miami and Taylor, AZ....ha!
Seen an Amish community- 2 different trips, one to Berlin, Ohio and the other to Lancaster, PA. What a great way of life..so simple and a lot of hard work!
Fired a rifle, shotgun or pistol- yes, I am married to a former Marine and FBI Agent, it was a requirement before we were married!
Seen Michelangelo’s David- yes, twice...and I would go back tomorrow and see it again, if I could. He was an fantastic artist!
Sung karaoke-not at a bar, but in my sister-in-law's basement, does that count? Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt-yes, twice in my life.
Bought a stranger a meal - no, have never had the opportunity.
Visited Africa - no, but that is one of my husband's dreams...he would love to hunt in Africa!
Been transported in an ambulance - this one thing I hope I never achieve!
Had your portrait painted - does a chalked caricature at Disneyland count?
Gone deep sea fishing -yes, in Mazatlan, Mexico... and I will never do that again..I threw-up the entire 8 hours on the trip...I'm getting a headache just writing about it!
Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - yes in 2005 and I loved it...Michelangelo's "God touches Adam" is on the ceiling of the chapel!
Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- yes, in Hawaii (the water is crystal clear there and perfect for snorkeling) and it is a lot of fun!
Kissed in the rain - yes, it is the best kind of kissing!
Played in the mud - yes, does slopping pigs on our farm, count?
Gone to a drive-in theater - yes, who didn't in the 1960's and 70's? I grew up in those years.
Visited the Great Wall of China - no, but I would really like to go there and to Hong Kong...on my list.
Started a business -yes, and then ended it 20 years later...sad, but still learning from it!
Taken a martial arts class - no, but I need to.
Visited Russia - no, and it is a place I would like to visit, but not at the top of my list.
Served at a soup kitchen - no, but that is something I would enjoy...
Sold Girl Scout Cookies - no, but if I didn't when I was young, I think this will have to be scratched off my list of things to do...I did buy a lot of GS cookies, you know the Thin Mints...yum!
Gone whale watching - not on a planned trip, just saw a lot of whales (in the Ocean, not at a park) when we lived in Hawaii....
Got flowers for no reason - yes, all the time from my husband, Ken...he spoils me.
Donated blood, platelets or plasma - yes, I have AB- blood so I get a lot of requests for donating...
Gone sky diving - no and I never, ever will want to (I have a fear of heights)!
Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - no, but I would really like to, because I am a WWII Era nut.
Flown in a helicopter - yes, on the Island of Maui in Hawaii....beautiful, waterfalls, canyons, rivers, etc.
Saved a favorite childhood toy - I didn't have one, I don't think?
Visited the Lincoln Memorial - many times..we used to live in the DC area.
Eaten Caviar - no, and I'm really not wanting to.
Stood in Times Square - many times...New York is one of my favorite places to visit!
Been fired from a job - no
Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - I've seen it on TV and been to London and to Buckingham Palace... putting all those together, does it count?
Been on a speeding motorcycle - yes, but not for long...I didn't like it! Seen the Grand Canyon in person - many times, and I never tire of it...it is wonderful...I am a Native of Arizona.
Published something - no
Bought a brand new car - yes, and love the smell of them!
Walked in Jerusalem - no but it is on my "to do list"
Visited the White House - yes, several times!
Had chickenpox - yes, every child in the 50's and 60's did.
Sat on a jury - never sat on a jury, but have been called for jury duty many, many times!
Met someone famous - Let's see, Col. Oliver North (my husband and he knew each other from the Naval Academy, so I met him when he was Capt. North) Jack Warden, the movie star (he was in "While You Were Sleeping", the next door neighbor) at a Bolshoi Ballet in Los Angeles during intermission. Mohammad Ali on a flight back from Europe. All the cast of the show "Dallas", you know JR and everyone ( I catered a Party for them at the Studio Lot in Hollywood). Charleton Heston ( I was only 7, so I barely remember meeting him, but he is one of my favorites). I've seen a lot of Broadway Shows with famous people, but didn't met them; Christopher Plummer, Brian Dennehy, Matthew Broderick, Ben Vereen, Amanda Peet, Carol Kane, Tyne Daly, and Yul Brynner (The King and I).
Joined a book club - no, but I love to read.
Lost a loved one - unfortunately, yes...my dad when I was only 18 years old!
Had a baby - yes, it is my greatest achievement!
Seen the Alamo in person - no, but that is a good one to put on my list...
Swam in the Ocean - yes, at the most beautiful beach in the World...Kailua, Hawaii and in California.
Owned a cell phone - oh, come on, when was this questionnaire made?
Been stung by a bee - yes, ouch... when I was on a date with Ken (we weren't married, yet).
Seen Mount Rushmore in person- no, but I want to...my list is getting longer and longer!
Learned to play an instrument - you, know I never did, but if I could choose one to play now, it would be the violin.
Held a tarantula - no, and I just don't think I would want to, ever!
Touched an iceberg - a thing, or person?
Changed a baby’s diaper - oh yes, and I still do....in fact I just did this morning and it was a stinky one ( grandson)!
Taken a trip in a hot air balloon - no, and I don't want to, because of the height thing!
Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - oh, yeah! Most of those times were either with my sisters, or my daughter in Church or at the Temple ( I know I am ashamed to even say that, but it is true...Sandra, my oldest sister is the main cause of those times).
Had a food fight - ah, no...am I really missing out on this one?
Had a snowball fight - yes, that is fun and a lot less messy and cheaper, maybe?
Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - yes, that would have been at the Theater on a date watching "Wait Until Dark"....1970-ish.
Ridden a roller coaster - yes, and I have probably done that enough, that I don't need to again..isn't that how it works?
Visited all 50 states - no, but that is a nice thought ( I've been to all but, the Dakotas, Indiana, New Hampshire, Maine, Kentucky, Rhode Island and Minnesota).
Taken a road-trip - oh, yes... it is one of my favorite things to do!
Milked a cow - yes, her name was Holly, a Jersey.
Been in a movie - no, unless a home movie is acceptable.
Crashed a party -no, not really...
Made Cookies from scratch- yes, what other way is there?
Gotten a tattoo - yes, from a box of Cereal...it lasted for an afternoon.
Rafted the Snake River - no, but I thinking about this one...
Performed on stage - yes, at Church Road Shows...I was horrible!
Been to Las Vegas - yes, but if it weren't for my grandsons living there and some of the shows offered....I would have never gone! It isn't a fun place for me!
Eaten shark - just a taste of one in Hawaii...no, not in the Ocean, at a restaurant. Bought a house - too many unfortunately!
Been in a combat zone - I will have to think about that one...remember I grew up in a large family...sometimes it seemed like a War Zone.
Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - not the entire Bridge but a few steps...
Touched a stingray - no! Remember Steve the Croc guy?
Broken a bone - no, and I hope I never do!
Ridden a horse - yes, it is fun, but it's okay if I never do it again!
Eaten sushi - yes, not one of my favorite foods.
Had your picture in the newspaper....yes, I have when Ken and I were engaged our annoucement was in the paper...
Gone back to school - yes, after 17 years of marriage, almost got my AA, but had to stop...but I really enjoyed it!
Eaten fried green tomatoes- yes, in Savannah, Georgia.
Killed and prepared an animal for eating - I hate to admit to this, but yes! We used to live on a farm...we raised pigs, rabbits and chickens and we ate them!
Dyed your hair- oh...only my hairdresser knows for sure!
Caused a car accident - no, and hope I never do!
Saved someone’s life - no, I have never been in a situation to have had to.
Okay, now that was way tooo long!

3 comments:

  1. So fun to read all this about you. I never knew you would like to learn the violin, or that you've been skinny dipping! Hmmmm.... I don't know about that one! But most of the other stuff I already knew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna! You are amazing! I hope I have a list as great as you do when I'm your age! I almost died & was quite confused when I saw Got a tatto in blue, then I read on and laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you went Skinny dipping, I would have never guessed!!!! Makes me feel better. yes, me too, with the girls at the lake...

    ReplyDelete