Saturday, February 7, 2009

SO MUCH PRESSURE IN BLOGGING!...Well, when you are just new at it, anyways. I was so involved in getting out my "first flashback Friday"...that I overlooked one of the most important people in my life...my sister, Gail! I didn't forget her birthday, I just didn't blog about it.....to be honest I didn't think about blogging about until I read my nieces' (Jacey, and Alyssa, thank you!) blogs about their sister just having a birthday...so here I go....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,GAIL (Feb. 5)! Thanks, for the memories.....
Gail is 3 years older than me, and has always taken care of me and watched out for me my whole life! Why, she even dated Ken before I did, (just to make sure he was good enough for me). After that she went back to BYU and got engaged to a handsome, great guy, Hyde. They have been married for 37 years....wow!
10 reasons why I am thankful for my sis, Gail...
10. She makes me laugh
9. She makes me cry
8. She loves to talk politics and we both love Rush!
7. See's Candies (need I say more?)
6. Jordan's Mexican Food (The best in AZ)
5. Pepsi/Dr. Pepper (We fluctuate)
4. She has always been my prompter and example of daily exercising (funny I should put this right after 7, 6 and 5-Ha!)
3. She loves me warts and all (she knows me better than anyone, besides Ken)
2. We love to watch the same old movies, over and over again.
1. She is always serving others; Mother, friend, wife, daughter and sister!
I could go on and on with a bigger list, but I will save some for next year!
Enjoy the photos, Gail!
Bates Family... (Gail-polka-dot tie on right side of photo)-1970

Gail and Donna at the SLC Airport....1971

Donna, Gail and Hyde....Provo, Utah 1971
Hyde, Gail and Ken in Grand Lake, CO - at Gail and Hyde's Cabin- 2008

Donna and Gail - Grand Lake, CO - 2008

Gail and Donna at Gail's daughter's(Katie) wedding -Denver Temple- 2007

4 comments:

  1. Way to blog mom! I am so proud of you. It seems like you've been blogging forever!

    And, yes, Aunt Gail is a very sweet person. We all love her so much!

    Happy Birthday Aunt Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I love old pics of you! And where is Jordan's Mexican Food?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terina,
    Jordan's is on 7th Street just North of Bethany Home Road, in Phoenix. They have the best sauce and Tamales, and Tacos and enchiladas, etc., we have been going there for the past 50 years!
    Love ya,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nonna- you made me cry- love you and will see you in 2 days!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete