Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TEA ANYONE?

Today my friend Rhonda and her daughter Kristen and I attended a "Tea Party" in our little town, ...we were so excited when we drove up....so many people there.... yes! They must all fell the same way we do. It was such a comfort to know that my concerns of all the "stuff' that has been going on in our Nation, that had been causing me so much frustration, wasn't just my worries alone... it had obviously, affected a lot of other people in the same way. Here we all were together standing up for what we believed in and having a vehicle/venue where our voices could be shared and heard...
What are these Tea Parties about?
Glenn Beck, had this to say about the Tea Parties and I agree...

"It's about, spending- too much spending!
It's about, burdening me and my loved ones (our children and grandchildren) with a huge debt over $12 trillion!
It's about, too much power to our Federal Gov't.
It's about, too much corruption in both political parties.
It's about hypocrisy - both parties claim to be the most ethical, but we get corruption from both sides, and no one in Washington speaks out against it!....
It's about the media that gets into bed with one party and has moved so far left that it can't even begin to see we're not extremists, we're moms and dads who just want to have a Republic for our children; but they can't see it....
I believe in the Constitution. I believe in the Founding Fathers. I believe in the American People. When did believing those things make someone-anyone-an extremist.
I am(we are) not the extremist."


Here are some photos from our Town Tea Party...it was great to be there and feel a unity and hope for a better future for all of us, all of us that, care about the future of our wonderful Country!
The homemade signs were great!


Rhonda and Kristen


























May we always be able to stand for what we believe in and let our voices be heard!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so proud that you went!!! That's awesome! And way to go Glen to inspire so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went to this! If circumstances were different for me, I would have loved to go along too! It's great to see so many other citizens (normal people) stand up and believe in the same things we do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my girl!! I wish I could have been there with you!! We could have been right-wing extremists together! Doesn't it make you so proud to be an American!!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Aunt Donna! Thank-you again for everything you did for me:) You are such a sweetheart for letting me stay with you, taking me to the airport and feeding me so well! See you soon! Love you-

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great seeing you there yesterday!!! I wish I went around and took pictures of the signs as well!! They were great!! =) Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's very cool that you went to this! What a great opportunity to get out there, get involved, and use your voice!
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. IM BAAAAAACK!!!

    I was out of town there for a bit, therefor my blogging had to take a break.

    Okay, so I read this post late last night and had dreams all night about Tea Parties!!!

    I love all the homemade signs!

    ReplyDelete