Thursday, June 11, 2009

ALOHA AND BACK TO REALITY.....DARN IT!

I am home now, but I need to post days 13 & 14 in Hawaii. It will be difficult to do, as I am missing it already, and going through the photos will take me back there and make me a little melancholy....but I must count my blessings! It was a gift to be there and to have such a FANTASTIC, relaxing, get-away! This ranks up in the top 5 of all my vacations! I loved every minute of it, and I loved spending time with my sweet sister, Gail and my beautiful, awesome, nieces, Alyssa and Amanda! Here are days 13 and 14 in Hawaii.....

Gail and Donna in beautiful Kailua Beach...we had a hard time getting
out of the water, knowing it was our last day. We were at the beach for
3 hours!

As we were leaving Kailua Beach, I turned around
and took this photo...see why I am missing it???

After the beach we went back to our place and packed
up. Then went to Buzz's Steak House (yum..Mahi-Mahi), compliments of our
Landlady...Look, Gail there's a tree behind you (ha-ha)...inside joke


Donna at Buzz's trying to cool down after loading all the
luggage...it was humid and we all felt like we had poured
warm water over us!


One last pose in front of Kailua Beach...(it is right across
from Buzz's). Alyssa, loves Kailua Beach!
This is where the fresh water in Kailua meets the Ocean.

After Buzz's we left to pick up Amanda at BYU-Hawaii and to stay at Turtle Bay, for our last night in Hawaii. We stopped off at Ted's Bakery and got another Haupia pie (coconut and creamy chocolate)...one more, for the road!!!

This is the view from our room....

Sisters, sisters...we are planning on doing this every 2 years!
We will start saving for it now! 2011, here we come!!!
Alyssa, Amanda and Gail...our last day in Hawaii (Amanda is staying for school)
Alyssa and Amanda saying Good-bye! - I mean ALOHA!

Mother-daughter good-byes/Alohas!


This is Amanda's friend, Bart... we gave him a ride to the airport.
He will be back to BYU-H in the Fall (lucky!)....Aloha, Amanda, have a great
time at BYU-H!!! We will miss you!

BONUS PICTURE:
Donna dragging Gail off Kailua Beach, it was our last day in Kailua, day 13.
None of us wanted to leave this beautiful, wonderful beach!
Aloha, nui loa, Hawaii and beautiful Kailua.....until we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you didn't want to leave and why you miss this place so much! It is absolutely beautiful there. I think it's great to look forward and start planning that next trip! It will be here before you know it.
    We are glad to have you back in AZ!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss YOU ALL!! Oh well, we just had too much fun...that's why it went by too fast. I love you Aunt Donna...and nice pics;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! It looked like so much fun! And you went with such great company too!

    Reality bites, huh?

    ReplyDelete