Friday, May 29, 2009

Drive Around the Island

Days 7 & 8....We started out at Kailua Beach until it started to rain, then we had to go to Plan B, which was to shop, and pick up Amanda early from BYU-H. And this is what we saw on the trip from Kailua to Laie, and then from Laie to Ko'Olina. It was a great day!
State flower of Hawaii - hibiscus - biggest I've ever seen!
Me and Alyssa at Kailua Beach, before the rain
Kailua, beautiful Kailua
Koo'lau mountain range, Kam Highway
Banyan tree on Kam Highway. "How far away? Philadelphia, PA..."
Chinaman's Hat State Park
Amanda and her roommate Barbara from Chile
Chocolate Haupia pie from Ted's Bakery at Sunset Beach - YUM.
Pineapple, pineapple!

My dear friend Debbi
Sisters, sisters....Ko'Olina Lagoon at sunset
Amanda and Alyssa at the Iilani Resort Hotel poolside
Enjoying fruit drinks at Ko'Olina Grill

MY BONUS PICTURE OF THE DAY: Sunset at Ko'Olina

**These pictures are not postcards. We took them ourselves!**

4 comments:

  1. Mom, it looks beautiful! Great pictures! I hope you are all having a great time!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids recognized Ko Olina instantly! I hope someone drank a POG for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I was there!!!

    Ko Olina was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. I am glad that you guys got to see Debbi while you were out there!

    ReplyDelete