Monday, May 4, 2009

A GREAT TIME HAD BY ALL....

Visiting my Mom.... a bitter-sweet event. This was a hard trip to make, but very much needed! Ken and I and 3 of my siblings (Ron, Betty and Phil) flew from Arizona to Oklahoma and then drove to where Bonnie and Mom live in Kansas. My Mom has been living in a "Rest Home" since June of 1997, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 1996. She is in the last stages of the disease, so it was time to make a "good-bye" visit to her. My sister, Bonnie lives just minutes away from the facility and has taken good care of her, for all these years. Here are some pictures of our weekend with our sweet, Mother......


Mom with 5 of her 9 children




me, Mom and Ken

My brother Ron and my brother-in-law, Marty and his grandson, Will at Bonnie and Burl's home.


Meggin and Dan (niece and nephew-in-law)

Will and Logan (Meggin and Dan's sons)

At the Rest Home singing to our mother
Betty(sister), Heather (niece) and Shirley (sister)

nieces, Heather and Meggin, Dan and Logan.

Ron and our Mom

Phil and Mom
Betty, Mom and Bonnie - Donna, Mom and Betty
Mom and Betty

All of us and our precious Mother....
Thanks, Bonnie and Burl, for putting us all up and putting up, with all of us! It was good to be together and I know it meant a lot to our Mother...we love you, Mom...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

6 comments:

  1. These pictures brought tears to my eyes. I miss her so much as she has had such a great influence on my life! I'm so happy you guys were able to go and visit her. What a great experience! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nonna-
    That was very hard to look at without shedding several tears and remembering our sweet little mom as we were all growing up. Thanks my dear. Love you- Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Auntie Donna!
    I am glad that you got to go and see your sweet little Mom. To respond to your comment, I am SO excited to see you guys, you have no idea! I still have not gone to your favorite beach, Kailua! OH, and the one in the pictures was Sunset Beach! It was not Waimeia(if that is how it is spelled!)I still want to go to those BAD! The white and yellow plumerias are MY favorite TOO! I remember you talking about them to me, and I can see why you love them, they are so sweet! They are my all time favorite flower up there with daisies now! I can't wait to see you!!! I am counting down! Oh, and I forgot to tell you....I have no school on fridays! just so you know....I love you!!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda,
    Hi! Thanks for the info on Sunset Beach..I realized it wasn't Waimea Bay, because there wasn't a Bell Tower. I am down to counting the seconds, not just the days...I am so looking forward to it! How are you getting around? The Bus or you know someone with a car?
    The plumerias, smell great, huh?
    Love you sweetie!
    Auntie Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom-this post is a killer. I can't help but tear up every time I look at the pictures. I know it was a trip that needed to be made. I can't wait to visit with grandma after this life. She is such a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, The pictures are great. It was good to see mom and other family members. Thanks for all you do for our family and being Eunice when we need you to be! Love you, Bob and Sandy

    ReplyDelete